No redirect tracking
What is no redirect tracking in RedTrack?
No redirect method of tracking in RedTrack is when you use your landing page link or the direct link to your website for tracking so the traffic goes directly to the target page without any additional redirects. This kind of tracking is essential for organic traffic, Google Ads, Facebook, Bing, TikTok campaigns. There are of course some other sources of traffic that require using no redirects – RedTrack no redirect tracking option works for all of them. The no-redirect tracking lets you track all the data you need, even when you can’t use traditional tracking links.
The no-redirect campaign is created the same way as the usual one, but you use your landing page URL instead of the campaign click URL in your traffic channel.
In RedTrack no redirect tracking can be implemented in 2 ways: via Universal tracking script + Tracking parameters (aka UTMs) or via No-redirect script + Tracking parameters.
What’s the difference between a universal tracking script and a no-redirect script?
Universal tracking script
You must use a Universal tracking script if any of the below-mentioned conditions are met:
- you use several sources of traffic;
- you use different Campaigns for the same landing/offer, thus universal tracking script allows you to distribute traffic between different Campaigns;
- you want to track Organic traffic.
With no-redirect script, the campaign ID is set in the very script and all the incoming clicks (both from paid and organic traffic) are attributed to one and the same campaign.
How do you implement no redirect tracking in RedTrack?
Check out the tabs below for differences between these 2 ways and how to act on each of them:
1. Generate the universal tracking script.
2. Add the created script to your landing page code (or website, or e-com store depending on your flow). Ensure that both the script and offer click URL (your.domain.com/click) are present in the page source if you work with the /click support option.
The script tracks both clicks and views, don’t add LP views script to the landing as they may block each other.
3. Once you've created the Campaign and saved it, go to the section Tracking links and parameters-> tab Universal script (for Affiliates) or Tracking parameters (UTMs) (for Advertisers)-> copy these ready-to-use parameters and add them to the landing page URL (or website URL) inside your source of traffic:
- tab with parameters in the Campaign from the Affiliates' UI:
- tab with parameters in the Campaign from the Advertisers' UI:
Important note 1:
The parameters must be separated from the main URL with the sign “?”.
For example: https://your.ecom.store.url?cmpid=5f92a843c860ee0001fa99a6&sub2=__CAMPAIGN_ID__&sub3=__AID__
Important note 2:
If you are using a custom tracking domain, make sure to purchase and add the SSL certificate to your domain settings as the script works with secure domains only. You can always use your dedicated tracking domain (Profile -> dedicated tracking domain) – it has the certificate. However, with Facebook and Google it’s highly recommended to have a custom tracking domain.
Once you've created a Campaign and saved it, you should go to the section Tracking links and parameters-> tab No-redirect and act as follows:
1. Take the script from your RedTrack campaign and add it to your landing page code (or website, or e-com store depending on your flow):
Make sure that both the script and offer click URL (your.domain.com/click) are present in the page source if you work with the /click support option.
2. Take the tracking parameters from your RedTrack campaign and add them to the landing page URL field (or website URL) inside your source of traffic: