Ad spend: auto update cost
What an “Auto update cost” feature?
Auto update costs feature allows you to receive your cost data directly from the traffic channel via the API. It means there is no need to use any macros or update costs manually each time. It has the following advantages:
- Costs are updated not in real-time but several times a day with a frequency from 1 up to 30 minutes on the Campaign, Adset, and Ad levels. Update of frequency and level depends on your subscription plan;
- Auto update costs feature presupposes smart automation, so if you have 2 or 3, or 100, 200, or 300 campaigns in your Google or Facebook account, you don’t have to create the same amount of campaigns in RedTrack as our smart automation can attach your traffic channel campaigns costs to 1 RedTrack campaign;
- No additional settings are required. Integrate your traffic channel, and we will take your campaign IDs from the traffic channel and attach the cost data accordingly.
How to enable the “Auto update cost” feature
In order to use this feature you have to:
1. See if your traffic channel is eligible for tracking costs in the auto-update mode. To do that see if your traffic channel is mentioned here→ part API based cost updates and act accordingly:
- if yes, proceed with step 2
- if not, then this feature is not available to you
2. Go to your traffic channel settings→ set the needed levels of Cost update depth and Cost update frequency:
To get this level, please contact email@example.com.
3. Create a Campaign with the integrated traffic channel and within the campaign settings turn on the toggle Auto update costs: