Thousands of leading publishers, marketers, and agencies utilize Taboola’s predictive technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to engaged audiences across the web. Together their teams have pioneered a major new marketing channel alongside “search” and “social,” proving that “discovery” can power successful campaigns for companies of all sizes throughout the customer journey.
To integrate Taboola with RedTrack act as follows:
1. Add Taboola template to RedTrackExpand to see how to add Taboola to RedTrack
1.1 On the main RedTrack menu press Traffic channels -> select option New from template-> find Taboola and press Add:
1.2 In the pop-up New Traffic Channel window press Save to add the template:
Once you’ve saved the Campaign changes, a click URL (your tracking link) will be automatically generated.
3. Integrate Taboola with RedTrackExpand to see how to integrate Taboola with RedTrack
3.1 Go to the Taboola settings (you added it within step 1) by pressing the Edit sign:
3.2 Scroll down to the section Taboola API integration. Fill in the fields Account Id, Client ID, and Client Secret-> press Save changes:
4 major points to know about Taboola API integration:
1. In case you have a manager account you must remember that the data for the integration should be taken from the account where you traffic is coming from. Meaning:
- you are connected to the network account type-> your traffic and Campaigns should be attributed to this account;
- you are connected to the sub-account type-> your traffic and Campaigns should be attributed to this account.
2. Account Id value cannot consist of just numbers or letters. It’s actually a combination of both letters and number(s) which usually looks in the code like “som2ething-sc”.
3. Turn to your Taboola Account manager for the Client ID and Client secret.
4. Taboola API integration gives you the following benefits:
- Synchronize costs
- Pause: campaign, placement, creative
- Create automated rules
5. Costs in the Taboola Traffic source can now be updated on the level Сampaign + Placement + Geo
4. Follow this guide to set everything on the Taboola side.
Pay attention to the way you type in the names in Conversion types to avoid misleading info in the RedTrack Reports / Logs by Conversions. RedTrack gets conversions from the Offer source and reports them (writes them down) in accordance with the names typed in the Conversion types. For example, your website gets a Lead and you marked the event as Lead in Conversion types, then consequently the Lead event will be depicted with the name Lead in the Logs. But in case we get a Lead and the event in the Conversion types was marked as lead (with a small letter), then in the Logs you’ll see your event marked as lead (with a small letter), just the way you typed it in. Traffic source gets the events the way you type (mark) them in the Conversion types. This is important because even though the majority of sources taken in the names of the events sent from RedTrack and attribute them appropriately, still there are some sources that accept, track and attribute the events only of a certain format (small/big letter, spaces, dashes etc.).
Taboola accepts conversion types (event names) typed in only in small letters!
5. Set up a postback URL in RedTrack
Once you’ve created a Campaign in RedTrack, S2S postback URL for passing conversion info to Taboola will be automatically added to your settings. In your Campaign update the EVENT_NAME with the one you are using with Taboola:
6. Set the automation and enjoy!